Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Illustrated movie posters - part 1.

At the cinema recently I saw a few posters for some classic films. They reminded me of how illustration was utilized in this medium and how the image has probably become as iconic as the film itself.
Sure, it was a sign of the times. Paintings and illustrations were more frequently used in posters when these particular films were made. Some of them probably influenced me when I was growing up. The image from the Star Wars posters for example is kind of burned into my brain.
But in the next few blog entries I would like to look at some other illustrated movie posters from over the years. Please feel free to mention other examples of illustrated posters worth checking out too. I'm not expecting to compile a complete library here, rather a selection of work that shows trends, styles and hopefully masterpieces in this medium.

No comments:

Post a Comment